Answered

Alarm notifications on locked screen

• 1 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello All, so I am on an iPhone 8+ with iOS 13.3.1, and I set up alarms they go off, but on my locked screen I never see the functions to turn off or snooze as the support pages show.  I have a Sonos Play 1, Play 5, PlayBar and Sub.  I love the system, but not having functionality to control from lock screen does suck and wish Apple and Sonos can play together.

I do read something about Apple AirPlay 2 and having to turn that off, I only have 2 apple TV but they are old generation, we stream from our phone to the TV for Disney+ since they are older devices can I can’t download the app to them.

I have a desktop Mac and sometimes we stream from that to TV’s.

Do I have to turn off AirPlay 2 and if so how?

One Sonos support person told me to go on my phone to Systems Preferences to Notifications to make sure I have notifications turned on for Sonos but when I look on my phone under System Preferences>Notifications there is no Sonos App there to check to see if notifications are on - why?  How do I check it then?

Please advise

Chirag

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 April 2020, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It used to be in Notifications, I think, but these days it’s in the app, under Settings > App Preferences.

I'd be surprised if the app didn’t need to be running for an alarm to show up on the lock screen, since the alarm isn’t actually in the app itself, but the software that runs on the speaker, which then reports to the app. Which probably causes all sorts of headaches for Sonos, many people think the app is running everything, when in fact the app is only a remote control for the software that runs on the speaker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My lock screen controls don’t work because I have an airplay device (non-sonos) on my network (My Vizio TV).

Apple and lock screen is always a mess as its so locked down.

So I get nothing on my lock screen at all, even when I play sonos music, I use to be able to control the music or volume on the lock screen could see what is playing etc. but now I can’t, is that also because of AirPlay 2, if so how do I turn off airplay 2, like I said I on occasion stream from iPhone to TV for Disney+ but if I want sonos to work “like it use to when I first got the system” how do I do that?

No where in the Apple iOS System Preferences so I see anything about notifications such as the support document suggested to make sure I am getting notifications.

This sucks that I can set an alarm but in order to turn off the alarm I have to log into my phone and go into the sono app to turn off, but no snooze function, according to the support documentation you should be able to do off the lock screen which I can’t.

https://en.community.sonos.com/components-228996/sonos-and-locked-screen-6809920