Question

Alarm is ungrouping speakers making it work on a single speaker only

• 28 November 2017
  • 7 replies

I have multiple Sonos speakers throughout my house and use 2x PLAY:3 grouped for a radio alarm. Until the last update, I was able to have both grouped together and have the radio alarm play at the specified time. Seems that ever since I updated to the most recent firmware, the alarm will ungroup the speakers when kicking in/turning on, making the radio play on the one speaker only.

If I turn on the 'include grouped rooms' when setting up the alarm, close the window and go back, the checkbox is no longer turned on.

This is very frustrating! Anyone else having this issue? Any known workarounds?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
When you click on Room and check one of the rooms in your group... then check include group rooms. When you go back out are you hitting save on the prior screen. I checked mine (on ios) and it saves the include group rooms check on exit.
Interesting, it worked from iOS which I thought I tried before... still doesn't work from the app in OSX El Capitan
Thanks for the reply!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Could be a bug in desktop app. They really haven’t kept up feature wise with Mobile versions.
I'm having the same issue when using the desktop app on a Mac with OS X El Capitan, but am going to test whether the iOS app retains the grouped rooms. Thanks!
Userlevel 1
I ma having the same problem started about a few days ago. I can not get the check box or rooms to stay group on mac app. I close it and go back and its unchecked and when the alarm goes off it only plays on that one speaker ungrouped
I have the same problem. Have tried to group/ungroup, also deleted and created a new alarm from scratch from macOS High Sierra and iOS, same result - it appear to be grouped when you save but the "include speakers" is unchecked when I go back and look at the settings, and only one speaker is marked. It has been like this since the latest update. Quite frustrating!
This WAS a great feature. Too bad it was removed. I guess there was a really good reason and not just an oversight. At the very least, please remove the faux feature from the desktop app.