Question

Adding a user

• 12 December 2017
  • 6 replies

I am set up on my system and it works wonderfully. However, my wife would like to play music from her iPhone. I cannot find a way to get the system to recognize her phone. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Is she able to control the Sonos system on her iphone? Your not a beta tester are you?
I am not a beta tester. She can sign in under her email account and password. But, when she goes to profile, it is my profile, not hers. She tried deleting the app and starting over, but to no avail.
There is no "user profile" for a controller app. The thing to remember is that the controller app is a remote control. All of the 'smarts' of the system actually lives on each speaker. So any controller that connects to a single Sonos system would have the same data associated with it.

If your wife wants to have access to her own music lists, etc, there's methods to add individual accounts to the services. Much of that is covered in this FAQ:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2768/kw/multiple%20accounts
By the way, your topic title indicates she wants to play music from her phone, not from a streaming service, so if she connects, she should be able to browse to her own "on my iphone" in the browse section of the controller app, and play the music she has downloaded to her phone.
Bruce - thank you! You're suggestion/explanation was dead-on target. I have everything working properly.

Matt
Outstanding. Happy to be able to point you in the right direction 🙂