YouTube Music search returns no results

• 6 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Searching for anything at all on YouTube Music returns no results whatsoever. I’ve tried both the Android app (S2, v13.2), as well as the Windows app. The subsection “YouTube Music” was active, not “Uploads”

Search terms were:

• [Artists] “big red machine”
  • [Artists] “vernon”
  • [Albums] “how long do you think”

TIA

-- Jakob

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @flasunco, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community!

I’ve just tested on my own system and I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue, so it looks like this is something local to your system.

I’d recommend rebooting your router, Sonos devices, and controllers, and then checking if you’re still having the same issue. If there’s no improvement, mind sharing a bit more information about the network? 

What make/model router are you using? Are there any wireless extenders or mesh systems in place? Are any of the Sonos devices connected via Ethernet cable, or is it a fully wireless setup?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Xander, thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve tried a multitude of things now, all to no avail:

• Reauthenticated YouTube Music account
  • Rebooted all Sonos devices in the system
  • Rebooted the router
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows app
  • Cleared the Android app’s cache (not the storage, though)

Every other service’s search works, it’s only YT that’s acting up - and only the “YouTube Music” subsection, the “Uploads” search works fine.

I’ve attached two screenshots from the Android app:

Android artist search
Android song search

My setup is as follows:

• Router: AVM FritzBox 7590
  • 3x Sonos One
  • 1x Sonos Beam with 2 Ones as stereos
  • 1x Roam
  • All speakers are connected via WiFi, not LAN
  • 4 are using the 2.4 GHz network, 1 is using the 5 GHz network
  • No wireless extenders, no mesh systems
  • Android 10.0.11
  • Windows 10 Pro 19043.1110
Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @flasunco, understood.

In that case, it almost sounds like your subscription to YouTube Music has run out (as with a free account, you can only play uploaded music via Sonos)

Mind checking that your YouTube Music subscription is up to date?

If you’re still having trouble, I’d recommend getting in touch with our Support Team via live chat or phone call, and they’ll be able to take a closer look. Let us know how you get on :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Well… that’s embarrassing. I’ve recently ended my subscription, and I forgot about that. Now it all makes sense.

Sorry for the hassle, and thanks.