Answered

YouTube music search

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

When searching on Sonos app for YouTube music playlist/artist or songs then selecting YouTube Music to view more search results, the app crashes. 

This happens on iOS 16.1.1. and iPadOS 15.6.1. I have tried another iOS device running same versions as above with same results.  I’m using Sonos 14.20

anyone else experiencing the same?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 January 2023, 14:46

View original

16 replies

I only use the free version of YTM with a few uploaded albums to their cloud and that’s working okay here - I can search and select ‘more results’ and the App doesn’t crash.

Maybe try a Sonos App reset from ‘Settings/App Preferences’ and on re-opening the App connect it back to the ‘existing’ Sonos system and if no joy there, then remove/reinstall the YTM service in the App.

Thank you Ken. I’ll give it a shot

So I have tried the following:

-reset the Sonos S2 app

-delete and re-add my YTM account

It did not solve my searching issue, sadly. I can confirm that I can search and expand the search results when using artists, album or song. The app crash only occurs when expanding the playlist search in YTM specifically. 

Anyone with other solutions?

I have been having exactly the same problem with iOS 16.1.2 since the latest sonos update a month ago. Sonos app version is 14.20

Same function works on android device without any problem.
I reset the app and YTM but it didn’t help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh yeah I can repro this easy enough:

Click Search / enter “alternative” / scroll down to YT Music / tap on the “YouTube Music >” text / tap the Playlists header → Boom

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Mods: please un-mark Ken’s reply as “Answered” because its a crashing app bug, resetting the config isn’t going to help. Instead, open a ticket against Engineering.

I am only sending this message in the hopes there is a fix. Sonos app keeps crashing as described about. I am also connected to YouTube Music and 16.1.2 on iPhone.  Please help Sonos!

Adding iOS 16.2 as well as its still not working on this most recent update either

Adding iOS 16.2 as well as its still not working on this most recent update either

There hasn’t been a Sonos update since this matter was mentioned here, so I would just wait and see what that brings. I’m still not seeing an issue personally speaking but that’s likely because I’m using their free version of the YTM service - anyhow I hope it gets sorted soon for you. 👍

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same problem here with YTM. Everything works well expect the Playlists that will always crashes the app.

And a month later and nothing has been done??

Sonos 14.20

iOS 16.3

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GBTC et al

We are aware of this issue and are looking into a resolution. There is currently no ETA on resolution.

In the meantime, please use a non-iOS controller, if you can.

Or, use AirPlay or Bluetooth to get your YouTube Music to play through Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @GBTC et al

We are aware of this issue and are looking into a resolution. There is currently no ETA on resolution.

I hope this helps.

That was the idea except that I have to reset twice in a month my Play 5 because “Unable to connect”. Problems are just piling up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @GBTC et al

I hope this helps.

That was the idea except that I have to reset twice in a month my Play 5 because “Unable to connect”. Problems are just piling up.

That’s your router though, unrelated to the iOS crash this thread describes. Don’t cross the streams.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @GBTC et al

I hope this helps.

That’s your router though, unrelated to the iOS crash this thread describes. Don’t cross the streams.

Nice try... Airplay works on all my devices with any applications except Sonos but it is my router...seriously? Oh I forgot to mention Airplay works on my Play One. 

So now who is responsible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bruno92 

Being unable to AirPlay to a particular Sonos device could be an issue with the network, as @controlav suggests, the speaker, the phone/tablet or with Apple HomeKit (they recently pulled a version from their download page because it was causing AirPlay issues). I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Please also have a read of 

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Bruno92 

Being unable to AirPlay to a particular Sonos device could be an issue with the network, as @controlav suggests, the speaker, the phone/tablet or with Apple HomeKit (they recently pulled a version from their download page because it was causing AirPlay issues). I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Please also have a read of 

I hope this helps.

Thanks I was aware of that. But I don't use Homekit, Sonos support in Europe is helpless with no technical knowledge, just reading their scripts. Also, their miracle response, interferences in your networks. I not sure they have any network or sound knowledge. This is what you get when you outsource your support to certain countries. 

I already tried everything and the only solution, that at leastworks for me, is to reset the speaker. I found the same feedback from another user on Reddit. 

Anyway thanks for the thought.