Skip to main content

XM Channel "No longer available"

Trying to stream Sirius XM on SONOS and with any channel I select I get "channel no longer available" message.  I’ve rebooted router and SONOS Bridge, uninstalled XM app from SONOS and reinstalled 3 times, closing  app down each time.  XM user name is correct in SONOS.  Called SONOS tech and also called SiriusXM which after having me do all the previous mentioned tasks they tell me to call the other one. The XM app works on my phone, computer & car.  XM subscription is paid and XM service includes ability to stream on devices including SONOS.  Have used SONOS to stream XM for years, this problem started 2 weeks ago.  Have SONOS S1 app to match the speakers I have and have checked to make sure app is updated.  Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Are you willing to tell the community which particular XM channel, so that those who have S1 systems can do some local testing? That might determine whether it’s a network issue, an S1 issue, or what.

Userlevel 1

I stopped trying after 25-30 channels.
The first 5 stations under the groups of 

pop, rock, country, jazz plus others. 

Example:  “18-The Beatles Channel  is no longer available on SiriusXM“

I know a person who is having issues with another manufacturer’s media player and his native SiriusXM iPhone App. 

This suggests that there is an issue at SiriusXm.

Did anyone find a resolution to this?

Userlevel 1

No solution yet. I’ve contacted Sonos customer service multiple times. Spent HOURS trying what they suggest to do and still can not play xm through the Sonos speakers. With each call into customer service it takes several minutes to update the new rep on the phone with what has been done or tried so I’ve requested that one customer service person be put on this case to solve it. I’m waiting for a reply back……. Has anyone else had this issue with not being able to play xm on the Sonos speakers?

I also have this issue.

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem. 

“It looks like your SiriusXM account has been closed…...”

Sonos support said this is a known issue and they are investigating. In the meantime, you can start listening to SiriusXM from your phone and cast/Airplay to you Sonos speakers.

Userlevel 1

How do you cast/Airplay to your Sonos speakers from the XM app on an iPhone?

Userlevel 1

Just got off the phone with SONOS  Customer Support.

They told me I can not use AirPlay on my speakers to play XM on them from my iphone XM app because

my speakers are an older model...Play:1 Speakers.

Finally they admit that there is a problem playing XM via the SONOS app to the speakers and they are working on a fix.

My “ channel no longer available” notice started in January 2023 and I’ve contacted SONOS multiple times since February 2023- calls, emails to both them and XM and all they would say is it’s the other companies problem.

Thinking of selling my speakers and canceling XM subscription.  This is beyond frustrating and I have better things to do than spend all this time trying to get music to play.

Same issue denoting “something went wrong. Try again later” when requesting the live channel list from SirusXM. Been this way for a month or more. The only salvation is my most recent list comes up and I can select one of a few SirusXM stations from there. More than frustrating. Certainly no longer considering any Sonos purchases for the holidays or any time thereafter until this is fixed and remains stable. 

After a bit of fiddling which is bad in terms of giving a step by step resolution I finally got full functionality back. The step that seemed to resolve even though I could play recently listened to material was I had to also reauthorize Sonos to use SirusXM even though it was connecting and playing from the recent list. Just passing along the info if it helps anyone!