Skip to main content
Answered

Wrong Plex music library shown in Sonos App. Cannot switch.

• 15 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, 
I am new to Sonos. I have connected Plex to Sonos and in the Sonos App, I can see and play tracks from a ‘music’ library (= speech tracks), but not the proper music library, I want to connect Sonos with. How can I switch and connect to the correct?
Other Sources are not accessible if this is what I should look for. I get an error message to try later there.
Changing the alphabetical order of the two libraries does not have any effect either. 

Also, and probably connected to the issue, I am able in plexampt to select sonos as the device to cast to, but the tracks remain mute or get skipped. Any hints what I should do very appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I think that functionality is broken on the new updated app on iOS; I was able to switch plex librarys’ using the native windows app.

Still not able to update my music library (NAS SMB) using the new app hopefully that gets fixed soon.

After the ios update got an update, and logging out and in again, I can now switch my libraries. 😀

Same issue here with Android. Using the Plex app on Sonos made everything just so simple. Since the update I can't switch Sonos to use the correct plex library in the app any more. Awesome quality control from Sonos 👏