Answered

Wrong Music Folder

• 17 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I've recently upgraded my computer and it now has a new name, but the same data drive which holds my music files.  I'm using Sonos V1.  When I try to play it gives an error that it can't find the music drive on my old computer.  I've tried to change the folder in Sonos, searched the registry for any instances of the old computer name, searched the drives for any file containing the old computer name.  All without success.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by ormond 20 June 2023, 01:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ormond, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The best way to resolve this would be to remove and re-add the music library. As the computers name has changed, Sonos likely still has the old share path. You can remove your music library by following these steps on the Desktop app:

1. From the Manage menu, click Music Library Settings.

2. Click on the folder you want to remove.

3. Click - (minus) on Mac, or Remove if using Windows, and confirm you want to remove the library from Sonos.

Then, to add the library back, follow these steps:

1. Open the Sonos app for macOS or Windows.

2. From the Manage menu, select Music Library Settings.

3. Click + (plus) on macOS, or Add if you are using Windows.

4. Select the appropriate music folder. Depending on the size of your music library, it may take several minutes to index.

I hope this information helps!

Thank you; I had done this several times including with a reboot after the library removal.  After reindexing the Library I found that my mistake was that the queue of tracks still had the old file location - though heavens know where it caches this.

I deleted the queue and selected a song and it worked.

Thanks again.