Skip to main content
Question

WMA file not playing in WD My Cloud Home music service

• 15 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, I have a WD My Cloud Home network drive which I had hoped to use with my Sonos setup.  I’m using the S2 app and have linked to the WD drive using the My Cloud Home music service.  The mp3/mpeg4 files are appearing in the app and playing without issue, but none of the WMA files are appearing (128 kbps bit rate).  Is there a solution to this, other than changing all the WMA files to another format?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @peh21.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue, let me help and try to figure this out.

Upon checking here, WMA is one of the supported audio formats when streaming from your local music library. There are a few reasons why tracks or albums might be missing from your Sonos music library, and this article will provide some steps you can take to try and resolve this issue.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.