Skip to main content
Answered

wifi isn't connected

• 26 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I searched this but all topics are years old and closed.  My system is S1 with a mix of components.  Frequently (usually!) when I open the S1 app on my phone, it comes up with Wifi isn’t connected, and sho’nuff the wifi icon is off.  If I go to settings, it hasn’t turned wifi off, just disconected from the network.  Usually giving it 30 seconds and the phone reconnects, and maybe things are fine.  This only happens with the Sonos app, not email, firefox or other network-using apps.  Why and what’s the solution?

TIA

Don     Central VA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There really isn’t anything Sonos is doing, beyond querying for if there is an WiFi connection. I think it’s a coincidence that you’re noticing it with Sonos, merely because it doesn’t work on the internet connection your phone has with the outside world. It’s trying to contact the local speakers. 

Moderator edit: replaced “Ethernet” with “WiFi” prior to marking Best Answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That is odd. First thing I’d do is uninstall the S1 App, reboot the phone and reinstall it.