Skip to main content
Question

Why wont Sonos app let me add Apple Music?

• 26 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Again, another issue post update to the app. Apple Music searches would not let me play music through the iPad or my iPhone. I tried removing Apple Music from my services in the app and then re-adding it to the Sonos app, but I met with a “something went wrong. Please try again” message.  I’ve attempted to do this using both my iPad and my iPhone.  WHAT ACTUALLY WORKS SONOS?  Your entire ecosystem is in shambles and I can’t even use it.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I´m having the same issue unfortunately. Were you able to make it work? It´s literally the only service I always use on Sonos and now I can't even add it. Support won't pick up the phone.

Userlevel 2

I’ve randomly gotten things to work after wasting more time than I care to messing with it.  But even once working, things all stop working and become a total buggy mess again a day later.  I don’t understand why I’m not seeing more reports when googling about this either.  Sonos is absolutely a dumpster fire right now.  Currently my phone and iPad are both unable to connect to my system but speakers will random play music if I command it over sonos voice command.   Beyond irritated. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Scout, how were you able to add services? I still can’t add any services at all and have spent a lot of time trying to. I agree Sonos is going through probably the worst crisis ever. Thanks! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I‘m also having the problem, that i can not add streaming  accounts to Sonos anymore. Tried it after resetting the app, with different devices, Android and iOS. 

the only thing that I did not do was to reset als speakers (17 in 9 rooms) or deleting my complete account and start all over again as I fear that then all is completely broken and I can not use the system at all. 

what the heck die Sonos do with this app and the updates in their infrastructure?!