Skip to main content

Why isn't the apple desktop app in the app store?

• 29 November 2023
  • 1 reply

It would be so much better than that !@£$ installer they currently have.  The latest update fails on my macbook and i probably need to reboot, but I don’t want to.  Problem is that I can’t actually use the app until it has updated, even though it is usually a minor fix that I won’t even notice.  Way to stop people using you software guys.  At least give us the option to carry on using the current version.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I don’t recall that the Sonos controller for Mac has ever been in the Apple ‘store’ for desktop machines. Always on the Sonos website. 

My personal experience in dealing with Apple’s ‘store’ folks perhaps gives me a more sympathetic outlook. I don’t think I’ve ever dealt with a more rigid and unhelpful group of people. I certainly wouldn’t want to deal with them on an ongoing basis. 

There is a fairly simple ‘fix’ if you’re having trouble with the update process. You should authorize the “Sonos Installer” under System Settings > Privacy & Security > App Management. However, if your Mac OS is unsupported at this point, there isn’t much that can be done.