Skip to main content

Why is the new Sonos App crap?

How does the app keep getting worse and worse over time. It's too bad, I've had some of my Sonos speakers for around 10 years now. Even on a brand new phone the current app is not user friendly, missing functionality that it used to have. And removed the playlists I had. So disappointing given how great the whole experience used to be. The new update is much worse, missing basic functionality now,  So irritated. 

This is seriously a downgrade from the old app. It is horrible. Nothing works right. Different speakers have to get  reset each time I use it.  The UI is terrible and not use friendly at all. Can’t they just go back to the old app. Why hasn’t anyone from Sonos even responded to anyone about this terrible update to the app. 

Agree, I had most of my system working except I Couldn’t get the Roams to add, Did the new update last night, June 5 and now my whole system is gone, and grade out

If the rating system supported the decimal system, I don’t know the correct amount of 0’s to put to the right of the decimal.

New update is trash. Takes a good 20-30 seconds when changing music, harder to find Spotify/Apple music , etc.  Last version was so much better. 

Remember guys - it took “courage” to make this app more frustrating. I literally have to restart my Sonos network by pulling out the power in order to get my Arc + 2 Sonos Ones + Sub to recognize on the app. 

I have been a loyal Sonos user for over a decade. They began as a passionate, intelligent and innovative company. Sadly, like most modern developers, they have fallen prey to the abject stupidity of modern sprint based process. The Roman’s knew, when at war, find the most competent person and make them a dictator. Design by lowest common denominator always ends badly and the latest garbage they have spewed out is a fine example. Wake up - find a smart person - if you still have one, and let them tell you how to fix your junk offering. Pathetic and disappointing. 1 out of 10 is charitable.

It’s basically unusable. 

Sonos, clean it up. The new app is a train wreck

Please put the old version back in the app store. Give it a different name, whatever. Just PLEASE make it available. The new app has buried/removed features and settings that were once easy to use. It is rendering the whole system almost useless. Do the devs actually use the system?

Yes totally agree, so dissapointing,  numerous speaker,don't link anymore, can't find the system, we upgraded broadband because we thought it was that, the new app comes and its just gone backwards, what are they doing

Today, my speaker found the trash can and got some tomato sauce poured on it before the rest of the day's trash got heaped on top of it.  I mean, what good is it if it cannot even be listened to?

The Sonos app sucks and makes the speaker unusable.  I don't have hours before each time I want to listen to music to figure out what changes or updates have been made, to navigate what functionality has been removed, or to re-integrate into the sonos world or be subject to more stupidity.

Sonos, you've wasted my time for the last time and have moved in to enemy-product territory.  Your brand will never again cross the threshold of my home or life.  This has been years in the making:  bye.

Circus Sonos!

Random and constantly new surprises. Still after 1 month it works on and off mostly not at all. Sleep timer is back, in its old style, I have told Sonos that I want the option to set how long time I want. Not fixed times. I want to be able to set 4 hours and 7 minutes!

If the rating system supported the decimal system, I don’t know the correct amount of 0’s to put to the right of the decimal.

New update is trash. Takes a good 20-30 seconds when changing music, harder to find Spotify/Apple music , etc.  Last version was so much better. 

Totally agree. Friend of mine told me to avoid updating this app as it was so bad, which I did…. But forgot about auto update. I have 2 separate systems in different properties and both have the issues you describe.  Utterly disgusting Sonos. You should be ashamed

Thought I would use my Sonos after a while. UPDATE  needed and the whole thing went up the creek. All I ever wanted from Sonos was to be able to play music stored on my PC. Is it to much to ask that something this simple just gets messed up? If they can’ fix this - I will never have anything to do them again. This is called customer relations, and they have clearly missed something? None of the solutions recommended seem to work, and equally why should I have to waste my time. Dissatisfied long term user.    

PREACH. ‘My god.
. I hope to all that is holy Spotify buys Sonos puts them out of their misery and ours. 

how do you make an app worse on so many levels. Who hurt you? do you just hate us? How?!?

great speakers. Terrible software. seriously cereal. 

Why would you roll something out that is worse! Just about ready to throw this system away if i hadnt spent so much on it. Move the volume up on an item and goes back to zero...takes forever to connect...worst update, get your shit together sonos

How does the app keep getting worse and worse over time. It's too bad, I've had some of my Sonos speakers for around 10 years now. Even on a brand new phone the current app is not user friendly, missing functionality that it used to have. And removed the playlists I had. So disappointing given how great the whole experience used to be. The new update is much worse, missing basic functionality now,  So irritated. 

I feel sorry to see many people in trouble after new software update, i patiently waiting for fix the issue. If didn’t  happen reasonable amount of time i am planning to beat up with hammer. of course i don't recommend to friends and family for my whole life. i have been trying to connect since the  latest update. Sonos screw me up.

Circus Sonos!

Random and constantly new surprises. Still after 1 month it works on and off mostly not at all. Sleep timer is back, in its old style, I have told Sonos that I want the option to set how long time I want. Not fixed times. I want to be able to set 4 hours and 7 minutes!

<cut>

I agree about the sleeptimer having fixed times. The jumps are also too big from 1 to 2 hours and nothing after that. Let people choose their one time. How hard can that be?

Hello Sonos. Is there a fix in sight? Hello Sonos community: has anyone heard that there’s a fix in sight? Or do I need to sell my Sonos system?

Hello Sonos. Is there a fix in sight? Hello Sonos community: has anyone heard that there’s a fix in sight? Or do I need to sell my Sonos system?

See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

One more +1 in case Sonos ever looks to see how their customers feel about the updates.

We have bought many sonos products since the inception in 2005. Was OK with losing old speakers to updates but the reason sonos was great was because it just worked (mostly) and when it didn’t it had great customer support. Each update over the last 5+ years has led to more and more issues - difficulty with getting all hardware to work together, progressively less intuitive apps, and half baked software that makes the experience one of frustration rather than enjoyment. And they have shown very little interest in listening to their customers. This last app seems to be an altar on which to sacrifice our systems so they can add headphones to their line up. Tons of folks have lost their NAS libraries to the 913 error which may or may not be fixed with the next update “sometime in June.” There are some work arounds if you're playing a laptop but it requires trusting sonos to have access to passwords on your computer. No community fixes for the NAS libraries that I found. Going to join the legion looking for alternatives. 

If not fix I don’t sell to get anymore get trouble I will beat up and throw in the rubbish bin not recycling bin for sure.

App just knocked out my speakers.

Absolure rubbish.

Now I'll have to try find time I don't have to do a work round. Who in God's name takes a poor but working app and releases a broken app with a vague promise of adding fixes later.

Last Sonos products I'll ever buy.

Have my 2 S1’s and PORT packed up and ready to sell since I cannot listen to my music on my Mac anymore - and the word from Sonus is that they are “working” to get things back into the app that users want …… too late ……. Looking at Bluesound or Everlost

Any recommendations for good TV soundbars plus wireless speakers.

Have Beam but won't connect to speakers anymore.

Complete garbage. Cannot update the WIFI on my Play 3. I only hope is can be recycled. Denon, I’m coming back!