Skip to main content

Why can't I search Sonos Radio in the Sonos app?

• 24 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have the latest version of the Sonos app for android installed on my phone (Galaxy A12) I have 8 Synfonisks devices attached to the app and they are all working fine. I am paying for Sonos radio and it is in my app by default. When I click on the magnifying glass and search for an artist or album, podcast etc. in the correct section of search It gives me the:

No results found in Artists. There are no services set up in your Sonos system. Please add a service to search for content.

My phone and all the devices are on the same wifi network and all have access to the internet.

I have reauthorized the Sonos radio app and have restarted everything thing and this problem persists.

All of the Sonos devices update to whatever the latest firmware is when I fist started them up this week.

I click into the Sonos radio hd part of the app I see all the different sections with different music collections there is no where to search except for the magnifying glass at the bottom of the app. When I click it from here that's when I get the above error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Try a reboot of your phone, and of the router. For some reason, I’m guessing that there’s a communication error occurring between the phone and the router, so that when it queries that particular data stream, it’s not being correctly carried. 

For what it’s worth, it could also be some VPN software, trojan or virus protection, or even a profile set up by a work group, that might be blocking something inadvertently, since it’s not blocking the ability for the device to reach your speakers directly, just an aspect of it. 

If none of those things apply to your situation, it might go a long way if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of seeing this “error”, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

As a slightly contrary note, I’m not sure that you can “search” a radio station anyway, other than for what’s playing at this second. By the nature of radio stations, they tend not to be a set playlist, so they would not be published in order to “search” for an artist anyway. That’s what radio is, a more spontaneous thing than a standard playlist that can be published.