Skip to main content
Question

Where the hell are my favorites?

• 16 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

I'm lucky enough to have 2 tablets. I kept the old and working app on my first Android tablet and have the new app on my latest addition.

My favorites are grayed out on the new app and are totally unusable. This was, by the way, the only published possibility to keep the custom radio streams following  the decomissioning of the old TuneIn service.

At the end, one cannot add or edit custom radio stations and even use the old ones. And when the user uses the old app, playing those custom radios is randomly cut after a few seconds or minutes resulting into an cryptic error message.

Has anyone been able to solve these issues?

By the way, congratulations to Sonos to have trashed an slightly imperfect app to replace it by this actual nightmare.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @PhilippeM , thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed response time.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced, and I assure you that we at Sonos are committed to improving the new App with regular updates over the coming weeks and months. With regards to custom radio stations added through the legacy TuneIn service there is a particular issue that has been identified regarding this feature. Our development team is aware of this issue and it will be addressed, though I can’t say how long this may take at present.

With regards the playback issues you mention, I would recommend reaching out to our technical support who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @PhilippeM , thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed response time.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced, and I assure you that we at Sonos are committed to improving the new App with regular updates over the coming weeks and months. With regards to custom radio stations added through the legacy TuneIn service there is a particular issue that has been identified regarding this feature. Our development team is aware of this issue and it will be addressed, though I can’t say how long this may take at present.

With regards the playback issues you mention, I would recommend reaching out to our technical support who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Hello @Craig L ,

Thank you for your help and suggestions. Alas, they are useless in this situation. I tried the support chat, and I finished in a dead end as I supposed. There is no tool apparently known by the agent I chatted with. The only solution provided, apart from restarting the router, ahah, is to wait for the updates of the application.

I hope sincerely that the feature of adding custom streams is really in the future enhancements of the application. Without it, for my personal use, the speakers are nothing more than very expensive bookends.