Question

Where is my TV option in this new app?

• 20 May 2024
  • 8 replies

I wish I could go back to the previous app, but knowing that is not an option--how do I select “TV” as a source without having to turn my TV off and then back on.

Used to be I could easily select the music note icon and see all my services, including TV. TV is nowhere to be found on current version or perhaps it is buried in all the newfound clutter.

Thanks,

DD108

8 replies

I wish I could go back to the previous app, but knowing that is not an option--how do I select “TV” as a source without having to turn my TV off and then back on.

Used to be I could easily select the music note icon and see all my services, including TV. TV is nowhere to be found on current version or perhaps it is buried in all the newfound clutter.

Thanks,

DD108

You may see the TV option under sources in the main screen but for me the sources are not reliable, they appear and disappear randomly. This new app is a buggy POS. 

Userlevel 7

“TV” should be listed under “Your Sources” on the home screen in the Sonos app. If you don’t see it, make sure the Beam room is selected as your speaker at the bottom of the screen. Or you can enable TV Autoplay under the Beam’s settings and the TV audio will automatically play out of the Beam when it detects an audio signal from the TV.

Thank you. I can now see Sources after I re-booted my phone. I wish to leave TV Autoplay disabled. Please hurry up and fix this app.

TV as a “source” is not available for me as a “Connected Service”. Which makes no sense since TV is a source and not a service.

I can revert to my TV source using the Mac application.

After switching to TV source from my Mac, the display is correct in the iPhone IOS app.

Userlevel 7

TV as a “source” is not available for me as a “Connected Service”. Which makes no sense since TV is a source and not a service.

I can revert to my TV source using the Mac application.

After switching to TV source from my Mac, the display is correct in the iPhone IOS app.

TV is available under “YOUR SOURCES” not “Connected Services”.

Thank you @GuitarSuperstar - I was obviously in error.

i cannot find TV as a source anywhere! I wish to have my TV play through my other sonos speakers, and its impossible to do with this new app. It is very disappointing and frustrating! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

i cannot find TV as a source anywhere! I wish to have my TV play through my other sonos speakers, and its impossible to do with this new app. It is very disappointing and frustrating! 

Do you have a Sonos speaker connected to your TV? If so, on the app, select the room where that speaker is connected, and on the Home Screen (at the bottom) you’ll see TV under Your Sources.