Skip to main content

Where are my playlists?

Just updated to 15.6 on S2. The playlists on my iPhone are gone, the Desktop controller still displays them. What's up, Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Ignore previous message. They just reappeared. I'm happy, but startled...

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Happens all the time for me on iOS devices. Been doing so for years. Sometimes i have to dig out an Android device to get them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Happens all the time for me on iOS devices. Been doing so for years.

Didn't happen to me previously. Makes one wonder as to why this is happening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Happens all the time for me on iOS devices. Been doing so for years.

Didn't happen to me previously. Makes one wonder as to why this is happening.

Playlists vanishing (temporarily) from the iOS app is a long-standing bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Playlists vanishing (temporarily) from the iOS app is a long-standing bug.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Spooky, they all disappeared for me before on Android.  Ended up doubting myself where they should be as My Sonos wasn't showing them (still don't know why Spotify appears twice (Playlist and Your Playlists)).  Forced restart didnt do anything. Tried a little while later and they were back.  Strangely, looking now and they've gone again.

That certainly suggests some sort of interruption between your controller and the speakers, that is failing when the request is sent for the playlist. I’m assuming you’ve set up reserved IP addresses, so it’s unlikely to be a duplicate IP address issue, but have you checked the wifi interference FAQ? Or sent in a diagnostic to Sonos and called in to have them read it?

If you are referring to playlists on a particular platform or service, such as music playlists on a streaming service like Spotify or Apple Music, you would need to access them through the respective platform's app or website. Log in to your account on the platform, and you should be able to find and manage your playlists there.

If you are referring to playlists stored locally on your device, they would typically be found within the music player app or software you are using. Depending on your device and operating system, you may find them under a "Playlists" or "Library" section within the app.

If you have any specific questions or need assistance with finding your playlists on a particular platform or device, feel free to provide more details, and I'll do my best to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That certainly suggests some sort of interruption between your controller and the speakers, that is failing when the request is sent for the playlist. I’m assuming you’ve set up reserved IP addresses, so it’s unlikely to be a duplicate IP address issue, but have you checked the wifi interference FAQ? Or sent in a diagnostic to Sonos and called in to have them read it?

Its got nothing to do with that, just an iOS app bug, specific to playlists for some reason.

Does that bug include them not appearing, then appearing, and not appearing again? I though it was only parts one and two, but not three? 

If you are referring to playlists in a specific app or service, you'll need to access them through that app or service directly. For example, if you are talking about playlists in a music streaming service like Spotify, you can find your playlists by opening the Spotify app or website and logging in to your account. Similarly, if you are referring to playlists in a video streaming service like YouTube, you can find them by logging in to your YouTube account.

If you have any other questions or need assistance with a particular topic, feel free to ask!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you are referring to playlists in a specific app or service, you'll need to access them through that app or service directly. For example, if you are talking about playlists in a music streaming service like Spotify, you can find your playlists by opening the Spotify app or website and logging in to your account. Similarly, if you are referring to playlists in a video streaming service like YouTube, you can find them by logging in to your YouTube account.

If you have any other questions or need assistance with a particular topic, feel free to ask!

This thread is about Sonos playlists specifically, the ones under the UPnP path “A:PLAYLISTS”, and the iOS bug that causes them to randomly vanish.

Badge

I just created a playlist and saved it. It’s not visible anywhere. Checked My Sonos and Imported Playlists and it isn’t there. iPhone 14 Pro Max, IOS v16.7, Sonos S2 v15.8.1. This is a playlist of MP3’s from a NAS. 

This is a bad look for Sonos. Is anybody listening?

And in the 10 minutes since I originally wrote this post the playlists have appeared.