Skip to main content

When will searching of local library return?

• 8 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Any word on when the return of being able to search my own music library will be here? Pretty absurd to not be able to search a local library, or add an album at a time to the “now playing” queue.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I can’t believe this was released in this state. This app is now TRASH.

Has anyone seen any replies from Sonos to these issues on Sonos Community?  I’ve loved Sonos for years and ever since the app update, I’ve become to loathe it.  

The only responses I’ve read from Sonos reaps have been evasive. “Use Plex” “Use the desktop app until it goes away in a few months.”

Not looking good IMO. 

Userlevel 3

from emails to “Ceo@sonos”:

Thank you for sharing your concerns and observations regarding the recent update of the Sonos app. This revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for over the years. Let me assure you that we are taking the time and effort to ensure all features work seamlessly and meet both our standards and the standards of our listeners. With this commitment in mind, features such as playlist creation and queue editing within the Sonos app, sleep timers, and local library support will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis over the coming months.

I acknowledge that the missing features are crucial for the proper functioning of the system, and I realize how essential they are for your usual usage. It's important to know that you're not alone in this situation, and many of our customers are experiencing similar issues. Please be assured that our engineers are working tirelessly to restore all functionalities and bring everything back to normal as soon as possible.

What a load of mealy mouthed drive. Translated this means we have cocked this up but haven't the decency to admit not apologise. "Important to know that we are not alone" you mean like the thousands of people on National Health waiting lists? They feel much better in the knowledge that they are not the only ones in pain. How difficult can it be to back something which already used to function. .You might be ok at present but just wait until people start to or need to replace their system- that's when to sell you shares.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What a load of mealy mouthed drive. Translated this means we have cocked this up but haven't the decency to admit not apologise. "Important to know that we are not alone" you mean like the thousands of people on National Health waiting lists? They feel much better in the knowledge that they are not the only ones in pain. How difficult can it be to back something which already used to function. .You might be ok at present but just wait until people start to or need to replace their system- that's when to sell you shares.

Edited for community-spiritedness.

See the top of every page on this forum for a link to the CEO’s response. 
Also the earnings call happened yesterday afternoon with much discussion by the CEO and investors about how much the app has impacted Sonos forecasts for 2024. You should take a look at the transcript to see the latest on the prioritising and spend on fixes. 

I'm sorry I don't understand this . My reply was to the CEO response. I can't see any other CEO response link regarding investors nor spending  on fixes at the top of the page. Please elaborate. Many thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That Sonos response you were posting about was from two months ago. If you click the green banner at the top of any page, you can see his most recent response.

In addition, he issued a press release yesterday citing the success of the Ace headphones but also that their success was tempered by the fallout from the app, leading to the postponement of the release of two new products, and a reduction in 2024 earnings due to the costs of fixing the app and impact on sales. The earnings call with investors yesterday was dominated by his assertions and commitment to repairing the app and consumer trust. 
You talked about the CEO giving a mealy mouthed response and not taking any responsibility for the errors. I’m no apologist for Sonos but I’m just pointing you in direction of news that isn’t two months out of date, so you can be armed with facts.

Many thanks KC