Answered

Western Digital NAS Drive

• 11 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello can I ask has Sonos changed their parameters in the ways of storing files

I have a I have a Western Digital my iCloud at home with all my MP3s on and I drop in an XML file into the list to create and receive my playlists on the hard drive😭 

🫣I've been changing my files out and re-doing them I've deleted my playlists and I have tried to reinstall the XML file and it is not allowing me to add my playlist🤬🤬🤬🤯🤯

Now these are large files talking of 9000 odd songs 60 playlists how is the easiest way to sort this out please🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

This is how I've changed my XML file. Therefore it should be able to read it as all the music is there but not the playlists.

Users/markburton/Music/Music/Media.localized

Public/Shared Music

Thank you very much, Mark

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 12 June 2023, 16:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @mark b,

We haven’t changed anything recently about how Sonos sees files stored on your computer or NAS drives. It’s possible that Western Digital have changed how My Cloud Home show to other devices.

From what I can find on our end, My Cloud Home has two storage locations. They are referred to as Private User Space and Local Area Network Share (Public). Reading your post, It’s possible that you’re uploading your changes to the wrong directory within My Cloud Home. Audio files must be located in the Private User Space in order for Sonos to have access to them.

Content added to the Private User Space is only accessible using MyCloud.com, the My Cloud Home mobile app, and the WD Discovery Login Desktop App, so check if you are uploading to there first.

Depending on the size of your library, it will take time before all tracks are available in My Cloud Home. I’d give the system some time after you add files as in testing it took over 30 minutes for 80,000+ tracks to populate My Cloud Home.

If you access My Cloud Home from the private space and still can’t get playlists to show, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team so they can remote into your system and guide you through any changes that need to be made.

I hope this information helps!