Skip to main content
Answered

Wake Up

• 31 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Ok so i have a commercial gym and i have SONOS for the music.

I have had it for some time and it works good, i have it set to wake up at 03:55 in the morning right before the gym opens up.

The gym is open from 04.00 in the morning until Midnight.

But what i would like to do is at 00:05 is to start a new playlist with Alarm Sounds because i have some member that stay behind closing hours sometimes.

I want this playlist to just play for maybe 10min and then stop.

How do i set this up?

• Regular music start at 03:55 in the morning and stop playing 23:59 when the gym closes
  • Start a new playlist at 00:05 (after midnight) where i have Alarm sounds 🙂 that plays for just 10min and then stops and nothing else plays until 03:55 when the regular music starts again

I have been looking around but i am not confident to set it up correct and i dont want alarm sounds to be on from 00:05 and all night 🙂 haha

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m not sure if this can be done well with Sonos alarms, as I don’t use them, but it can be done via the Lutron smart home scheme.  You’ll need to get a lutron hub, and some of their light switches if you want to control that as well.  In my home, I have music and lights turn on at 5 AM every morning, and turn off at 6:30 AM.  Never had any issues with it, unless there an internet connection issue and no music can be streamed.I can see where this could be useful to have lights and music on a schedule.  Maybe turn the lights have dimmed 10 minutes before closing or something.

Ikea smarthome may have features for this as well.

Again, it might be available be Sonos alarm too, I just don’t know.

How do i set this up?

• Regular music start at 03:55 in the morning and stop playing 23:59 when the gym closes
  • Start a new playlist at 00:05 (after midnight) where i have Alarm sounds :) that plays for just 10min and then stops and nothing else plays until 03:55 when the regular music starts again

I have been looking around but i am not confident to set it up correct and i dont want alarm sounds to be on from 00:05 and all night :) haha

Probably simplest to:

1. Set an alarm at 03:55 to play your chosen music indefinitely. If necessary this can be stopped and restarted during the day - or indeed substituted with any other content -- and won’t upset any running alarms.

2. Set an alarm at 23:59 to play at zero volume for just 1 minute to shut the music off. (You could instead set an alarm at 23:58 to play the regular music for 1 minute, but there’d by an audible discontinuity at 23:58.) If you don’t like the idea of leaving all the speakers with their ‘mute’ lights on (green LED) then play a silent track at non-zero volume instead.

3. Set an alarm at 00:05 to run for 10 minutes, playing some unpleasant noises (such as the Sonos Chime even) to send the customers home. 
Userlevel 7

In the Alarm settings there is an option to select Duration. Set it for 10mins.