Skip to main content

Is anyone else having problems with their volume levels since upgrading their app?  Since I updated to the new app all of my speakers are playing at approximately 50% of their volume level from before the update. Example:  Using my same music service the old app would be loud at level 50. Now with new app the volume level at 50 is equivalent to level 20 in the old  app. I have checked the volume limits for every speaker in the app and all are set to 100%.  I want my old volume levels back!  

I’ve not noticed any change at all. On the other hand, I use my ears, not the numbers generated in the app to determine volume levels, but given that, I’ve not noticed any need to increase the volume. 

It does make me wonder why you’re perceiving this. Have you tried a simple reboot of your speakers, and maybe your router?

Thanks for the reply. I have not rebooted anything yet. I am using the volume numbers in the app as a gauge. Before update level 20 - 25 was great for listening in my bedroom. Now I have to put it at level 50 for the same volume level. This is frustrating since I have lost the ability to really crank the volume when I feel like it. 

Thanks for the reply. I have not rebooted anything yet. I am using the volume numbers in the app as a gauge. Before update level 20 - 25 was great for listening in my bedroom. Now I have to put it at level 50 for the same volume level. This is frustrating since I have lost the ability to really crank the volume when I feel like it. 

I was thinking the same thing. I think equivalent volume levels are lower now with the new app. 

I’m having the same problem since the upgrade.  Have you heard from Sonos about a fix?

No reply but I haven’t asked them directly yet. Thought I would try the forums first. 

Was experienced the same thing,  volume much lower and the numbers went away now the numbers are back and the volume seems back also!!

thank you Sonos ! 

No reply but I haven’t asked them directly yet. Thought I would try the forums first. 

I did report this to them about the update . It seems others must have also because the numbers are back and the volume is back.

I have this issue intermittently. Some days it will seem as loud as it used to be, other days we all have to turn it way up.  This never happened with the old app and everyone in our family has noticed. 

Odd, I haven’t noticed this in my system. Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the Support staff, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.