Answered

Volume Controls on Desktop App Greyed out

• 20 October 2022
  • 33 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 55 replies

I updated the PC version of the Sonos app yesterday to the latest one.  Immediately, the volume controls are now greyed out and not accessible.  I have four locations, and it’s somewhat random which are greyed out.  Sometimes it’s just one room and sometimes it’s multiple.  My iPhone app is working just fine.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by WSC3 16 November 2022, 18:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The quick solution for PC users to control their device volume is easy (and free), but I’m not allowed to post it here unfortunately.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

3 weeks out and the app is still not fixed.  And Sonos is on it!!!!!

Odd. There’s a bunch of other threads that indicate that today’s software release fixed that issue. 

Perhaps on other devices, and not your PC?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Sonos updates notifications usually appear on the Music Source side of the app.  I have had no such notice so i checked manually and sure enough, there’s a new version.  The problem is solved and the app seems to load album art much faster and include other rooms and amps much faster too.   Great job Sonos!!

Yep, (pc app) issue is fixed now.  Sheesh! 

Thank GOD they finally fixed this!!!  Shame on SONOS for not getting it fixed sooner.  This was ridiculous when a 3rd party app had it right (phonos universal)  And the OEM could not get it corrected.  Shame on you SONOS!!!  Was going to buy a pair of 5’s for a Basement setup.  But NOPE; Going with a Regular AMP and speakers now with a Cheap competitor controller that Is NOT SONOS.   Too much money spent on SONOS without support.  

Does duplicate postings of unhappiness in several threads make you feel better?

Hi,

I just get an update that fix the problem.

I now run version 14.19.