Very bad experience with the new Sonos App

I have a Sonos system for quite a few years now and I want to share my vey bad experience upgrading to the latest software app.  With the new app, some simple features as just setting an alarm were gone.  I could no longer set a radio station from my Sonos favorites on an iPhone 8. How can Sonos release a new version without all the basic functionality?  I don’t understand how Sonos could release this app without making sure it had all the expected functionality.  A very unhappy customer.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I too are extremely disappointed with this app. There are so many features that have been lost or no longer work. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It’s a joke. Worst tech experience I’ve ever had. 

Userlevel 1

This app is terrible, it keeps resetting rooms that I’m trying to change music in, I get lost in the over complicated web of pages. Oh dear, why didn’t they test this first. Shoot the designer, utter shambles. This stinks of arrogance.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Imagine redesigning your app that looks different and also breaks core functionalities like tuning trueplay or playing music without constantly stopping for no reason. And offer no rollback, or any alternative to customers who paid thousands for the speakers.

oh wait you don’t have to imagine, welcome to sonos!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

You do know there are dozens of other threads - including official ones - that already talk at length about all of this that you could post in without starting a new one…??