Answered

using sonos with apple family with multiple IDs

• 16 December 2023
  • 4 replies

We use the apple family function to share music and play via songs.

I’ve had to remove my account and reload onto the Sonos app, following advice on this forum as I was not able to access my entire apply music library.

However when i have tried to do the same for my husband’s device, it automatically signs in under his Apple ID (music is under my Apple ID), and I cant seem to change it.

how to i fix the original problem we both had  - not able to access our entire apple music library (albums, playlists etc - for my husband and others on the Apple Family plan?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 December 2023, 06:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sorry, no personal experience here, but I thought you could have two separate accounts from Apple in use by Sonos by following the instructions in this FAQ. Are you saying it doesn’t work?

Hi, thanks. But this isn’t the issue.

the apple family ID is thru my Apple ID. And that’s how we use Sonos. But since we’ve had to update Sonos, my husband can’t access Sonos using my applemid (family sharing)

maybe I’m over complicating it or doing it wrong?

Sorry, I think I misunderstood. To be clear, you are able to use your Apple ID on your iPhone, but your husband can not use your Apple ID on his iPhone?

As a start, I’d try removing the Apple connection from your controller completely. Since the data is actually stored on the speaker, this should remove the connection for both you and your husband. Once the connection to Apple has been removed, go back and add it again. This should force a reauthorization with the Apple servers, and once that is done, your husband should, I think, be able to use his phone to connect and use your Apple ID/music.

However, if this doesn’t work, you may want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m a Spotify user and Spotify also has a family plan, but that just gives my family the opportunity to link their account the family plan I’m paying for. They still have their own accounts on Spotify, that can be added to the Sonos app on their phones. Apple does not do it this way?