Answered

Using MyCloud Service

• 7 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I can connect to directly to my MyCloud NAS. Does anyone know if the native MyCloud Service that can be added to Sonos is a better option. If it is a better option how do you structure music on the MyCloud so that the service will recognise and order your music - I have added the service and see the Artist, Album, Song, Genre headings but there is no content under any of these despite there being content on the NAS.

Thanks in Advance

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 March 2023, 06:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

To the best of my knowledge, Western Digital just ended support for the MyCloud service. Somewhere around here is a link to the post on the Western Digital website, it’s probably just as easy to find it there as it would be to find it in this forum, although a search for Sonos myCloud might turn it up fairly quickly. 

Ending support may not mean it doesn’t work, it just means if you have an issue, Western Digital won’t help. 

I’ve been using a Western Digital NAS for about 10 years. I followed the Sonos FAQ to set it up as a regular server, when WD finally released the MyCloud interface, I found no reason to use it. 

The music stored is digital, there is no advantage from one or the other. If it were me, and it is, I’d stick with the Sonos version that is supported, rather than the WD version which has ended support.