Answered

Using Fritzbox NAS

• 17 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Badge

My Sonos system is working well over my wifi network provided by a Fritz!box 7530 router. I want to use the router as a NAS music server using a USB stick. I’ve followed all the instructions provided by Fritzbox however when I try to add the Shared Music Folder in Sonos I get the message: “The computer fritz.box refused to let Sonos connect”. Using the exact same access path, username and password I can access the library folder directly from my phone via Chrome. Is there a setting somewhere that I’m missing?

icon

Best answer by DonRua 18 December 2022, 10:03

View original

11 replies

Badge +20

In the Fritzbox! Interface… Needs a user configured, NAS turned on and access granted. 

Path assuming you have the same out the box IP range 

\\192.168.178.1\fritz.nas

Badge

Thanks for your response. I think I’ve done all of this:

Storage (NAS) is enabled

Media Server is enabled

I’ve set up a dedicated user and password that has access to NAS contents and this is what I used in the Sonos app when I try to create a new Shared Music Folder

….but still get “The computer fritz.box refused to let Sonos connect” message

Badge

I’m using \\fritz.box/nas as the address in the Sonos app.

Badge +20

I’m using \\fritz.box/nas as the address in the Sonos app.

That will never work…

Use the path I posted above is your Router is the same IP address

Badge

thanks again - tried the path you suggested but still getting error message

Badge +20

I am using the Sonos S2 system, this works for me. Sorry no idea what’s going on otherwise.

@vw54, Looks like you ran into an issue described here. I’d recommend to get in touch with Sonos Support.

Badge +20

Just seen this as well.. looks like a Sonos issue. 

Badge

Thanks both

Badge

My Sonos system is working well over my wifi network provided by a Fritz!box 7530 router. I want to use the router as a NAS music server using a USB stick.

I have this working on a Fritzbox 7590.

My usb stick has a volumename "NAS".
On this drive is a folder named "MP3", containing subfolders (albums) with mp3 files.

At "Sharing via home network" on the Fritzbox:

Turn on "Access via network drive (SMB) active".
Name the share, I've named my share "Sputnik" and left the workgroup unchanged (WORKGROUP).
Enable "Support for SMBv1".

Media Server does not have to be enabled.

In Sonos, use the path:

//fritz.nas/<sharename>/<volumename>/<folder>

In my case it is;

//fritz.nas/Sputnik/NAS/MP3

The user you've created only needs read permissions for NAS/MP3.

Badge

Many thanks for your clear instructions. These worked perfectly!! Problem solved.