Skip to main content
Question

using Arc for music playback

• 6 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I am trying to find a simple HDMI dongle to play music only in my living room. 

I am using Android phones and it needs to be simple with children using the system. 

thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Can’t you just stream music to the Arc like any other Sonos component (other than Ace)?  We have a Playbase on one TV and we often play music to it.  Not sure what an HDMI dongle is or would do - what are you trying to do with it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You could also use Alexa or SVC.

The television is in a separate room and using it as a signal source is not a good option. HDMI dongle would allow BT to access the Arc, but I will see if anyone else has an idea.

I did see an article in the Sonos community about possibilities, but can't find it now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The television is in a separate room and using it as a signal source is not a good option. HDMI dongle would allow BT to access the Arc, but I will see if anyone else has an idea.

I did see an article in the Sonos community about possibilities, but can't find it now.

I’m puzzled: where’s the Arc?

The Arc can still be a speaker that plays a streamed source - radio station, music service such as Amazon Music, or a NAS or other stored Music Library. 
Or, you can Airplay to it. Or use your Roam 2 as a “gateway” - Bluetooth to it, but play out on the Arc (as long as Roam is on the network with Arc). 

Thank you. I finally muddled through the process, frankly the instructions weren't as clear as they could have been.

The TV is in a separate media room.