Skip to main content
Question

upgraded controller but services and content failed to load

• 21 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve received a message in my recently updated mobile controller app (iphone13) that some of the content has failed to load and to go to settings on phone. iPhone settings appear fine. Tried powering phone on and off. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mabrpr 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay!

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with finding content on your Sonos system.

Please try the following when no-one in your home is using the internet:

• Turn off your router.
  • Turn off/unplug all your Sonos speakers.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Turn on your router, wait for WiFi to return.
  • Turn on any Sonos devices that are connected to your network via Ethernet (if you have any). Wait for them to stop flashing a white light.
  • Turn on any Sonos sound-bars (or Amp) that have Surrounds or Subs. Wait for them to stop flashing a white light.
  • Turn on all remaining Sonos speakers/players.

If that has not helped, please try resetting the Sonos app - User settings (user icon, top right) » App Preferences » Reset app » Reset. Once done, reopen the Sonos app, Connect to an Existing System, and log in to your account. Try things out again.

I hope this helps.

I’m experiencing the same issue with content failing to load with the new app. It works fine on phone but does not load on iPad. I’ve never managed to get it to load on the iPad 12.9inch iPad Pro. It sometimes loads on the normal iPad but very slowly despite a 500mbs connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lionwolf 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear that - if the steps above do not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.