Upgrade Sonos Controller

• 18 October 2023
  • 4 replies

When I attempt to upgrade the controller on my laptop, I get the following error

“Error 1324.  The path ?ProgramFiles (X86) contains an invalid character.”

I recently used some PC Mover Software (LapLink) that moved the contents of my old laptop to my new laptop.

Is there a config file or registry setting I can edit to fix this path.  I tried to delete the software and re-install, but get the same error message.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You need to find where that “?” is coming from and remove it.

Yes, that is what I am thinking.  However, I can’t find any config files that have that information.  I tried to look in the registry; but there is nothing there also.  I am waiting to talking with level 2 support, but having a problem connecting with them.  Level 1 did not have the answer.,

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A Windows forum might be a better place to seek an answer since the “?” isn’t a Sonos issue.

You Sid “upgrade”, I assume that you meant “update”. Nothing critical is stored in the controller. I recommend uninstalling the controller and installing a fresh copy from the SONOS website. If you have a music library stored on your computer you may encounter some grief with folder names if LapLink fussed with them.