Skip to main content

Updated app Jun25 to Android 80.03.04-release+20240618.cd1109 - new issues

• 26 June 2024
  • 1 reply

We had workarounds to listen (most of the time), involving constant mobile reboots (almost hourly) but after being forced to update the app again last night, after multiple reboots of everything now I have:

• cannot play SiriusXM (which is our primary and constant Sonos use), app can see all the speakers and the music service, can see and select channels, but instead of playing get ‘something went wrong’ msg
  • got music started on PC app (which could only see and play two of the speakers even though the mobile app could see all speakers), and when I opened the mobile app (after another reboot), could add the other speakers to play but still at a very loud volume which the app listed as -1 volume)
  • cannot control the volume in app; speakers show volume of -1 but are loud and cannot be controlled by anything other than physically adjusting the volume button on each speaker
  • Even after reducing volume on speakers manually, it creeps back up

Our setup is Android app vers 80.03.04-release+20240618.cd1109, PC controller S2 ver 16.2 build 79153290 and speakers Beam(Gen1), Move, OneSL, Play5, and 4 S1s. We’ve had this setup for years and never had an issue before this app update fiasco.

Since I have rebooted everything possible, any suggestions (besides pile it up and throw a match)? It is so depressing to have the app back to almost unusable, after getting *some* music for a few weeks. Please understand that many of you folks on this forum are extremely technical, and not all of us are - these speakers have been very plug&play for years, so am sometimes daunted by the advice I’ve been reading this past month while struggling to get things working.

Thanks for any constructive suggestions!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Given that you’re on Android, my preferred choice would be to roll back to 16.1 and stay there until the dust settles.