Answered

Update to 11.4 S1 has made rooms not work properly

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 28 replies

Sonos been working reliably for years. Update to 11.4 has result in the following problems:-

• On Windows controller (only one I use) Rooms appear and disappear in the left hand pane.
  • Can’t group rooms (assuming they are even present). Spinning cursor appears and then nothing.
  • Everything also seem sluggish (music search, adding songs to queue, etc). Frequent appearance of spinning cursor. Rarely if ever seen before this update.

Have restarted router, wireless network, internet and all Sonos components but no improvement. Network is working properly for all other functions.

Any help or guidance appreciated.

icon

Best answer by controlav 29 May 2022, 15:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Maybe try removing and reinstalling the Sonos App and connect it back to the ‘existing’ Sonos system to see if that resolves the issue for you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks will try.

Here’s a link to the latest S1 & S2 Apps for all platforms…

https://support.sonos.com/s/downloads

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like an iffy network, esp mesh. Check

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Just to update and close this topic.

Installing the latest download (11.4) means the faults I described are present.

I have tested this on two computers now, both Windows (one W10 and the other W11) and the problem is consistently there in the new software. When I uninstall 11.4 and reinstall the previous version that I have downloaded (11.2) my Sonos system works perfectly. Responses are immediate and the rooms all appear and can be grouped together.

Now it may be that there are other issues as suggested on my side… such as an iffy network, which are surfaced by the new software, but for me, it is the software. Given that I don’t need or want any features beyond playing my music library to the rooms of my choice, I will stick with 11.2 until I am forced to update. The only problem, which is minor, is the nagging reminder to update.