Skip to main content

Underwhelming Response After Emailing CEO

• 14 May 2024
  • 6 replies

I decided, what the heck, I’ll email the CEO to tell him about my disappointment with the latest Sonos app, implore him to make the old app available, and to share a few related thoughts.   In response, I receive this email from a customer service rep.   Their response acknowledging how the app is missing basic features and for us to replace an old queue with a new one is just baffling.  It’s as if they don’t use their own products.   I don’t want future “innovation” over time.  I simply want the functions I had 30 days ago before all of this mess, and for my Sonos Connect Amps to work (the other problem I wrote about separately).  I was able to downgrade the Connect Amps using the iPad app I had not yet updated.  They seem to be working and I’m reminded what a decent Sonos app (S1) felt like.  

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. My name is Charles, and I am part of the Level 2 support. Our CEO, Patrick Spence, forwarded your note along to me to see if I can offer any assistance. We appreciate your patience and the time you’ve spent sharing your experience with us. Apologies for the inconvenience. We do recognize that you should simply be able to use our products and we would like to take the chance to resolve this matter.

The streaming industry is undergoing a rapid change. As a leader in sound experience with an open platform offering unparalleled choice, Sonos is focused on creating a better way to listen. We’ve redesigned the Sonos app to bring all your content across your services into one customizable home screen for a more personal listening experience, built on an agile software platform for a smoother, faster streaming experience that can – and will – support more innovation over time. Most features are not currently available in the Sonos app, but will return in a future update. As a workaround, you can replace the old queue with a new one.

Best,

Charles D

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2

That response doesn’t leave me with a good feeling about the future of Sonos. In my own case, I can’t even add the Apple music library to be able to listen to any music anymore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

…but the app sucks to use. You need to side-swipe everything. The lists aren’t alphabetical. The active player at the bottom is an unintuitive mess.

In a world of options, playing this game of forgetting your core users while you court the subscription and headphone crowd is absolutely the wrong signal.

Pumping all my stuff up to the web GUI isn’t giving me confidence either. No MFA, no asking me if I even want that shit.

These guys are going to be remembered for flying to close to the sun, and for their shit mediocre headphones that sank the brand.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’ve completely lost confidence in SONOS but unfortunately my gear is relatively new which I find very upsetting given the expense 😭😭. The new app is unissued and that reply is crap. Why take the sleep timer away? Maybe SONOS is a thing of the past. 

Same tired hype of a company selling appliances, with an app for a remote control, hyping itself to be something much more than that. When you can’t do real innovation, talk the talk in the hope that it gets mistaken for that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Ex blackberry 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tone deaf.