Answered

Unable to Reauthorize Plex in Sonos Amp

Userlevel 2

My plex account somehow became deauthorized within the Sonos app (on Android).  I tried to reauthorize the account.  The pop-up webpage stated after signing in “Thanks! You have successfully signed in.  You may now close this window.”

When I go back to the Sonos app, the app states “Account not found.  Unable to add Plex account.”

Each attempt to authorize adds a new token in Plex for authorized devices.  I tried deleting each token in Plex and it still will not actually authorize within Sonos.

There are no other issues with Plex at this time.  It is accessible inside the local network and outside the local network.  

I would like to solve this soon as I use Plex playlists for my kids, especially lullaby music for them.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 21 June 2023, 13:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

I’m wondering if there is some issue with the with server on Plex’s side. Have you reached out to them in addition to this post?

Userlevel 2

I’m wondering if there is some issue with the with server on Plex’s side. Have you reached out to them in addition to this post?

I have not.  I would imagine I would have other issues if it was on the Plex side as I have other devices that use Plex here and I can see the tokens created by the authorization on my server.  Alexa, Nvidia Shield Pro, Roku, Xbox, etc. are still working with their original tokens.

I have exactly the same issue just starting tonight. I don’t have any solutions though. I suspect it is some kind of server side thing. Perhaps an issue with another part of the Plex API. 

There was just another post/ thread about it, which seems highly suspicious to me, so you may not be alone. 

Userlevel 2

There was just another post/ thread about it, which seems highly suspicious to me, so you may not be alone. 

Yeah, about 4 minutes after mine.  Very strange.  First hiccup I have had with Sonos and I usually don’t even use the app because it works so well through my Home Assistant setup.

Userlevel 2

I have exactly the same issue just starting tonight. I don’t have any solutions though. I suspect it is some kind of server side thing. Perhaps an issue with another part of the Plex API. 

Yeah, just noticed it about an hour ago.  There have been quite a few services I use that have been down the past couple of days.

Since I haven’t (yet) seen any similar posts about other streams, it makes me think the issue is on Plex’s side. 

Userlevel 2

Made a post in the Plex forum as well as they do not have technical support readily available.

This is also happening to me with a Sonos Play3. Today the Android Sonos app wouldn’t let me play from my Plex server and forced an update. Once it finished, it wouldn’t connect or reauthorize with Plex, throwing the same “Account not found” error after what appear to be a successful login to Plex.

I’m having the same issue.

Odd we are all posting about it right now…

EDIT: interesting. When I go to my Plex server’s webpage and try to link to my Sonos account there, it generates a page that just says “Internal Server Error”.

It’s not that odd if it’s a service falling over, as it sure seems to be.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried reporting the issue to Sonos Support but I called to late (their hours are 9AM - 11PM ET). So, I’ll try again in the morning. Seems as though a number of folks are having the same issue so hopefully, we get some resolution.

-Mike

I’m having the exact same problem as the OP and found out the same way, trying to play music for the kids bedtime. Not helpful, but posting so I’ll see if anyone posts a solution 

Plex forum thread here: https://forums.plex.tv/t/unable-to-authorize-plex-in-sonos-app/845055

Userlevel 2

Yeah, I started that one over there after the original post.

I have the same issue - Plex/Sonos was working fine yesterday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

See https://status.sonos.com

Userlevel 2

And it is working again.  The status page is updated also.