Answered

Unable to play (song) - the song is not encoded correctly. YTM. System 15.8

• 7 October 2023
  • 4 replies

We all pay to excess for a premium product when the fundamentals of that product doesn’t work… and it gets worse. 

For weeks, if not months now, music is been unable to play through my system due to song not encoded correctly. Is there a fix on the horizon?!

Every playlist, album or artist will play a song, maybe play 5 seconds of a song before stopping or skip the song completely because of an error above. 

This is whilst playing YouTube music through both android or iOS app. Speakers have been restarted or attempted to play on different speakers in the house to no avail. 

I am currently using a move or roam around the house as a very expensive Bluetooth speaker or radio. I’ve read that Apple Music users are also having a similar issue, but how much longer can people continue to pay for a product where it’s one function does not work… SORT IT.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 October 2023, 11:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This issue mentioned, can often arise due to the speakers connectivity to the playing source - it’s probably interference on the wireless LAN. You will therefore need to sort it yourself.

Maybe try non-overlapping WiFi channels, put all on your routers 2.4Ghz band and and set a channel-width of 20MHz only and see if that resolves your issue.

Heres a Sonos Support Link to also help get you started…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reduce-wireless-interference

Hope those few suggestions help you to resolve the issue.👍

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Iam also getting exactly this with YTM with pair of PLAY1’s, stereo pair or individual.

On new rick astley album (or Kylie album) only half the tracks will play, and they will always play no matter what, the other half always fail. Can’t see how this can be random interference... 

I have had to create a playlist of only the tracks that will play.

This issue is so frustrating and it’s not the Wifi as some things work perfectly well and other’s fail.  In the last 2 weeks I’ve purchased two “Now” albums and both fail with the encoding, but other things I’ve bought are fine, and also streaming seems consistent.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

This issue is so frustrating and it’s not the Wifi as some things work perfectly well and other’s fail.  In the last 2 weeks I’ve purchased two “Now” albums and both fail with the encoding, but other things I’ve bought are fine, and also streaming seems consistent.  

Wow that must be so annoying, buying something, sitting down to enjoy and it won’t play!!!

I unplugged my RH play1, moved it nearer to router, ran trueplay and all good, i can only guess i had duplicate ip adresses or something, or GPM fixed something. Shame sonos aren’t more open about known current problems.