Answered

Unable to play my Music Library.

I cannot access my Itunes Music or Playlists. I get the following error message "Unable to play song-cannot connect to my laptop/music because the server cannot be found." I can play all Sonos Radio channels without an issue. I am up to date with updates.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 April 2024, 11:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds like your laptop is off, disconnected from the network or is refusing to connect for some reason.

The laptop is connected or the Sonos Radio wouldn’t be working, I get the same issue when I try to play my music library from my Iphone.

Huh?

Sonos radio works from your speaker. Your laptop app is merely a remote control. Nothing gets routed through the controller app. 

Unless you’re using AirPlay 2, Apple won’t allow you to play music from your iPhone, both Apple and Google (Android) have turned off that option in their respective OS.

So is the best working theory that my laptop is not on the same network as my sonos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Or refusing to connect to Sonos for some reason. I don’r do Windows so I’m no help there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Robdporter 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’re having in trying to play your Music Library from your laptop. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I have had Sonos for 10years now with my music library connect to mu Users/Music/iTunes. Now suddenly after your latest update I have lost the connection and when try to reconnect to iTunes Sonos is saying it cannot connect Error 913. I am so disappointed with Sonos to have a major update that has ruined my music listening pleasure.

I have the same. My Sonos Move suddenly cannot play music stored in its music library, and can't add any folder with mp3 music files from my computer to the Sonos music library.  It is message showed: can't add shared folder "//DESKTOP-BMJT14E/Music" to your music library (913)

I cannot access my Itunes Music or Playlists. I get the following error message "Unable to play song-cannot connect to my laptop/music because the server cannot be found." I can play all Sonos Radio channels without an issue. I am up to date with updates.

Since I am no longer able to play my music library I’d like to have my $1,200 back. I’ll gladly return the SONOS Fives. They are now useless to me.

I have bought a lot of Sonos products over the years and I still use my Products daily either tv with Sonos Arc + ERA 300s + Sub Gen 3 or music Sonos 5s with mini sub not to mention the upgraded from Sonos 1s Sonos 3s and to have these updates where I can no longer play MY music through the Sonos Music Library is ludicrous!!! I have invested thousands of dollars on Sonos products and cds to play the songs I like which are originals as opposed to some streaming services that uses non original songs. I have ripped over 4000 cds to play My music through Sonos now they have taken that option away . I agree with some users that it might be time to sell my Sonos products and find a product that I can play my playlists.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have the same issue did the update and now can't play my music on pc via my sonos system.

If I can't fix this I'll have to ditch my Beam, Arc and sub for something that works.

This was the main reason I bought Sonos gear 6 years ago in the first place.

I am trying to find a solution to the 913 error problem which caused my music library to disappear from my Sonos system. I have a MacBook Air. I followed suggestions form the community for fixes for a Mac to no avail.  I then called Sonos tech support tonight and after waiting on the phone for over 2 hours (!!!), the tech Adrian came on and asked me identity questions twice and then my phone number in case we got disconnected. He then promptly disconnected me and never called me back.  Sonos knows they have a problem and are not addressing it.  This is quite unfortunate as I have been completely happy with my system for the last 5 years and I just ordered and received the new Sonos Ace headphones. Due to this issue I will be returning to them.  I don't have confidence in their product and technical support any longer.  When a widespread problem occurs such as this, it is a signal that something negative is happening within the company. The headphones were supposed to be a surprise for my husband for Father's Day and when I went to connect them, I noticed the library was missing.  

SONOS GET THIS FIXED BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR PREVIOUS GOOD REPUTATION!

Has anyone been able to solve this problem? It is totally bizarre that Sonos won’t allow people to connect to their own music any more. What is going on… please fix it! I agree - we’re ready to ditch Sonos all together and get a more user friendly system.