Skip to main content
Question

unable to join local network

How do I fix “Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”
I open the settings and local network is already ticked, I have turned it off and on again I have deleted the app and nothing seems to work 

112 replies

Are we still waiting for Sonos support team to get out of bed to advise on a workaround or produce a fix for the issue!? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

No joy 🥲 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Are we still waiting for Sonos support team to get out of bed to advise on a workaround or produce a fix for the issue!? 

Yes, once you’ve called customer support and waited in a queue for 24 hours they’ll give you a work around but, as it’s beta, you need to agree to a NDA and keep it to yourself. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

This problem is still going on fyi. Great day to add new Sonos speakers…

Same issue here. However, yesterday I was at our lake house and had no issues after the upgraded app. Now I’m home and it won’t work, getting LAN access error. Same phone, same app install. Same network hardware (Ubiquiti). 

Same issue. We use Sonos to play music at our business, so it is completely silent this weekend which isn’t helping to drive traffic…

Having precisely same issue obviously updating was a bad idea.   I was at the cottage updated all worked good came home and nothing is connecting. I keep getting stuck in that one screen.   VERY. Frustrated sorry I’m with this company. This is not the first time this has happened. 

The new app is trying to reach msmetrics.ws.sonos.com, a subdomain blacklisted by various ad blockers. White-listing this subdomain solved it for me. 

How do I do that on my iPhone?

I too have the same issue.  I am completely locked out of my speaker system and cannot play any music.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, hard reset my speakers, signed out and back in again on the app and it still doesn’t work.

I have had to use a Bose speaker and Sony headphones as replacements instead!

By chance I found pairing works on the iPad, but unfortunately the play one did not chime to complete the process, so looks like I have another problem!

I have the same message, no solution. Please fix this

This is nuuuuuts. I have massive Sonos systems at home and at work and can’t use two of them right now since the update. 

someone needs to be fired for this. 

Crap app update. Same issue

Same issue (no recognition that the network radio button is on within the app controls on iPhone 15), and reported it through the help chat (with a human not a bot). He could not help but said that engineering is working on the fix. If anyone knows a work-around, please let us know here. Thank you.

I saw someone on another thread mention they set it up on their IPad, I tried it and I got mine to work in the interim until Sonos gets their $#!+ together.

Ipad app works a little better but you can’t add a new product there.

Frustrating junk.

Same issue. Constant cycle of “Sonos needs local network access” - even tho it already has it. Have tried deleting and reinstalling.

The new app is trying to reach msmetrics.ws.sonos.com, a subdomain blacklisted by various ad blockers. White-listing this subdomain solved it for me. 

Have you tried this ?

Hi there Matt, no, but thanks so much for response! Will try when able.

best wishes 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don’t have ad blockers that I’m aware of

How do I fix “Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”
I open the settings and local network is already ticked, I have turned it off and on again I have deleted the app and nothing seems to work 

I’m still facing this issue. Anyone knows how to solve it ?

Had same issue. Updated latest iOS then rebooted phone. Everything worked fine

Userlevel 1
Badge

Had same issue. Updated latest iOS then rebooted phone. Everything worked fine

I just updated to iOS 17.5, but still having the same issue on the Sonos app.

I finally got it to work on an iPhone 15 by first hard shutting off the phone and waiting 30 sec before turning it on again. Then the first thing I did once the phone connected to wifi I went into the app and added the speaker again and it worked.

Frustrating bug though and needs to be sorted ASAP.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I finally got it to work on an iPhone 15 by first hard shutting off the phone and waiting 30 sec before turning it on again. Then the first thing I did once the phone connected to wifi I went into the app and added the speaker again and it worked.

You had to re-add the speaker? It’s saying the system is already found on the WiFi, but it can’t connect.

You had to re-add the speaker? It’s saying the system is already found on the WiFi, but it can’t connect.

I had one speaker on it already, but to get the second added I got the local network bug which got solved by a hard iPhone shutdown, and worked on restart.