Answered

Unable to get Sonos App to download to Macbook Air M2 error code 1101

• 9 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Getting error code 1101 on late model Macbook Air, so unable to control Sonos from my Laptop. Sonos site and help very convoluted (Dead Ends - like “Contact Customer Support”, with no links, anyone???). Also, anyone know how to “delete” (not just “switch” off) previous Sonos Alarms? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 March 2023, 20:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

So, two separate issues your dealing with?

First, getting error code 1101 likely means that you have been able to download the app, but it’s not opening, if I remember the code properly. Seems a bit odd, too. I’m running the controller on an m1 MacBook Air without difficulty. I’m assuming you’re downloading the file from Sonos, and not some random download place?  The link is at the bottom of this page: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/controller-app

I’m also making the assumption you’re using S2, rather than S1, but you didn’t specify, so if I’m wrong, please let me know.

If it’s still not installing from the download on that page, it’s liable to be some sort of other application blocking the install (double clicking on the Sonos_71.1-38240.dmg file in your downloads area). Often, things like virus protection programs can block installs that they don’t recognize.

As to deleting Alarms, I usually use my iOS client on either my iPad or iPhone, rather than the Mac client, which is only receiving bug fixes at this point, and is no longer the preferred method by Sonos of controlling your Sonos system. Just go to Settings > System > Alarms (you may need to scroll down to see this) and then, if you click on the alarm itself, you can then scroll to the bottom and click on “Delete Alarm”

Oh, and to delete alarms on the Mac controller, if you’re running it, click on the “Alarms” button at the bottom of the main screen, then select the Alarm in question (highlight in blue on my screen), and click on the “minus” button below. That will delete the alarm, rather than turning it off. Then you need to click on “Done” on the bottom to get back to the Mac controller.