Answered

Unable to find my music library

• 30 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

I’ve had my Sono 5 for years and played my music library without issue for a while, however, the last year or so sometime the app (phone and desktop) tells me it can’t find my music library - in the past i’ve had to delete my existing and replace it but for the past 7 + months (i just gave up and started streaming Spotify) i’ve been unable to even add the folder - even when i’m using the desktop app (the comp. where my music folder lives) - it keeps saying it can’t find the computer

I’ve tried changing my firewall & sharing settings as suggested on a Sonos article but it’s still not working

I’m on a Mac running 10.14

icon

Best answer by John B 30 October 2022, 10:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Check that the Mac's NetBios Name and Computer Name are identical and contain no special characters. So start by removing the hyphen from that computer name.

Ate you using Sonos S1 or S2? If you are on S1 I am wondering if you need to enable SMB 1  Or switch to S2 if you can

Badge +1

hi - i’m using S2 

my netBIOS name and computer name are indeed different - can i change either of them to match the other one then?

Badge +1

i’ve tried deleting the hyphen in the WINS tab in network but every time i try, - try and apply it, i go back in and the hyphen returns?

Come out and give it a few minutes after applying it. Go back in and see if it has then stuck.

Badge +1

So, this initially worked - i could play my music library freely but then, again as always, it’s suddenly decided that it can now no longer find my library and we’re back to where we were.. 

I am so over Sonos. Works for a while, then falls over. Too much hassle to fix. 2 days so far, nothing works.

What did Sonos support say when you called them?

Badge +1

so again, i went into the netbios, changed the name - made sure everything matched exactly, restarted my computer - re-added  my library and it worked! for a DAY and now i’ve woken up to the exact same message saying Sonos can’t find my music library… 

GRR