Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to downgrade sonos one (g2) to s1 compatible

I have just been hung up on by a support person whilst in the middle of an online chat.. I am losing my mind here trying to downgrade a factory reset sonos one (2nd gen) to use with my existing s1 system. I already have one of these speakers on the system but it won’t let me add this one.. This article https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/downgrade-a-sonos-product-to-s1 keeps refers to things which just don’t appear as options anymore. I have tried ‘adding a missing product’ I have tried for hours to downgrade the speaker but it just doesn’t seen possible. Please help

Thank you.

The phones I have are:

Samsung Galaxy S6 (year 2015 I believe) which still has the S1 app.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 which has the S2 app.

I guess i start the downgrade with S2 (Samsung Galaxy Note 10) reset the PlayBar etc…?

Then reinstall the PlayBar using the Samsung Galaxy S6?

Does this mean that you use your iPhone 12 to play songs? which means I would have to use the 2015 Samsung Galaxy S6 phone instead of my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 because the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 will only download S2?

Also I use the Sonos app on my PC to play songs so does that mean I wouldn’t be able to use that because its the newer PC version?

Sorry to be a pain!

Thanks

Paul

Thank you.

The phones I have are:

Samsung Galaxy S6 (year 2015 I believe) which still has the S1 app.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 which has the S2 app.

I guess i start the downgrade with S2 (Samsung Galaxy Note 10) reset the PlayBar etc…?

Then reinstall the PlayBar using the Samsung Galaxy S6?

Does this mean that you use your iPhone 12 to play songs? which means I would have to use the 2015 Samsung Galaxy S6 phone instead of my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 because the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 will only download S2?

Also I use the Sonos app on my PC to play songs so does that mean I wouldn’t be able to use that because its the newer PC version?

Sorry to be a pain!

Thanks

Paul

I don’t for a fact if it works. But i think it must be possible the use the phone whit the S2 app and then using the one whit the S1. But first check in the play-store/app store if it is possible to download the S1 app again. Cos i don’t know if Android apps have the same issues as the Apple one does. I have a old Samsung Galaxy and i could not download, cos the Playstore didn’t work anymore. I never used the Sonos app for the PC to be honest, but theoretically i should work the same. If you have a S1 and S2 app. But i think using a PC that you need the speakers to be connected by ethernet cable? 
I do use my iPhone 12 to play music and mostly whit the Spotify app and sometimes whit the S1 app. But i connected Spotify to the S1 app, so for me it does not matter witch app inuse to play music. 
And anybody that has the Spotify app and is one the same network can use the Sonos speakers at my Home. So i think you can use the Note to play music, but only by using Spotify for music. Cos in the Spotify app i can select my Denon Home 150, Bose Home 300 or my Sonos speakers.