Answered

Unable to connect to Spotify 5/18/2021

• 19 May 2021
  • 3 replies

This started about an hour ago.  Spotify plays fine on my computer, or my phone, but will not connect to the Sonos system.  There have been zero changes to my network and given that other services (Amazon, Pandora) work perfectly fine this has to be between Spotify and Sonos.  If this is a global outage of some kind please let me know so I can stop trying to get it to work.

Diagnostic:  Your confirmation number is: 1773492571.

icon

Best answer by jerredcook 20 May 2021, 23:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @jerredcook, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

No outages on Spotify currently, however you can check our Status Page in future if you do have issues with a music service in future.

Would it be possible to reboot your router (turning it off for about 15 seconds before turning back on), followed by each Sonos player? The system seems to be having a lot of trouble connecting to Spotify, and generally a network reboot will clear things up.

If you’re still having trouble, I notice you’re using a mesh network - is that connected to another router, possibly provided by an ISP? If so, you may want to look in to setting the Eero to Bridge Mode, as you may be experiencing the effects of Double NAT, which can make it difficult for devices on your network to create/maintain a connection to services on the outside internet. 

Let us know how you get on :)

I will try rebooting everything soon. 

I am on an Eero mesh but I don’t have a second router.  The cable modem is mine and the Eero serves as my only router.  The Eeros are connected either via a switch or one of them is wireless (but the furthest from any of the Sonos)

I have been running the mesh for about 9 months with no issues so that is why I first assumed an outage of some kind.  I can understand that maybe the Sonos system got all confused too so rebooting them makes sense.  I will respond either way in the next day or so.

Hard reboot of all the sonos did the trick.