Answered

Unable to connect to Sonos. Let's fix it

• 30 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Purchased Sonos Arc last night and I keep getting the error message Unable to connect to Sonos. Let's fix it. It connects and drops all the time. I have an iPhone 14 and also tried using my iPad as the controller and same issue. 

Sonos tech support really couldn’t help me via online chat and to call Monday. Can some shed some light on this issue? Love the sound and don’t want to return. 

icon

Best answer by LouieP 1 May 2023, 12:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Try temporarily wiring it with an Ethernet cable to your router, not an extender. Make sure that you’re not running any isolation type software, such as VPN, virus protection, or other potential port blocking on the router or controller device. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router, wait a couple of minutes, then plug back in your Sonos device. 

‘It connects and drops all the time’ from what? The controller, or from playback of the TV stream? What happens when you try a simple music stream on it, does the music stream drop?

What OS are you running on your iPhone 14? Which OS on your iPad? Which version of the Sonos controller are you trying to run with, S1 or S2? Please describe your network type, including make and model of your router, type of Wi-Fi broadcast and channel in use. 

There may be further questions that will need to be asked to get a better understanding of the issue you’re dealing with, but answering these will help those of us who don’t have access to diagnostic data. 

I tired everything in the first paragraph with no luck. It connects and drops from Apple Music constantly and I can’t access any features of the Arc when this happens . I’m running iOS 16.4.1 on my iPhone 14 not sure what is in the iPad, using Sonos 2 for controller. 

I don’t know much about networks but I have a Home Hub 3000 from Bell Aliant. 

This appears to be a simple setup but this issue is very frustrating. I have other soundbars but no issues at all. 

Sounds like, at first blush, there are unresolved network issues. Or substantially less likely, a hardware fault. I’d encourage you to call in and work with the tech tomorrow. 

I rebooted the Home Hub 3000 and unplugged the Arc and it now seems to be working fine.