Answered

Unable to connect to music service Airsonic

• 8 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello! I have my own Airsonic docker music server I use to stream to my phone and listen at home or work and the Sonos app has Airsonic listed but when I try to add it, I only get “Check your network connection” with Try again or Not now. This is via Android app or Windows app. I do not have any ports blocked on the local LAN and I can connect internally and externally to Airsonic. Can you recommend what I could look at to figure out the issue?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 May 2023, 11:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jdewoody 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve never come across Airsonic before, but I’d certainly recommend rebooting all devices involved - your phone, your speakers, and your router - please switch the router off for at least 30 seconds.

Having said that, it seems Airsonic needs to be added to Sonos as a custom entry in the Services & Voice list. We cannot support this, so I recommend you contact Airsonic directly.

A colleague of mine did find this page, which may be of assistance (though you may be following it already): https://www.thesmarthomebook.com/2022/04/04/add-an-airsonic-music-server-to-sonos/

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.