Skip to main content
Question

Unable to add Shared Folders to SONOS Music Library. What am I doing wrong?

• 16 August 2024
  • 0 replies

I’ve been a SONOS Connect user for about 5 or 6 years and generally it's been pretty good.  Recently, however, Ive had a number of errors from skipping tracks, tracks stopping part way through etc. etc. - others have also reported similar errors.

It got so bad recently that I decided to add my Apple Music folders (on an external drive) to my SONOS system.  This worked pretty well to start with - except for the awful interface.  At least everything I selected played!

I then added some music and tried to update the Music Library.  It failed (can’t remember the exact error).  I couldn't play anything from the Music Library. (Note: at this point I updated MacOS as I had an update waiting).

I decided the best course of action was to delete the Music Library and add it again.  Eventually I deleted the library - though this wasn’t that straightforward but eventually it went.

Now I can’t add the shared folders to my SONOS system.  The error I’m getting is:

“Unable to connect.  Check the username and password”

Naturally I did this - but I still get the error.  This is on my iPad using the S2 Controller.

On my Mac, using the SONOS App, I get the error “SONOS was unable to add the music folder.  Unable to add the shared folder ‘computer/pathname, music folder’ to your Music Library (1002).”

I’ve trie calling SONOS Support but they seem to be extremely busy - currently waiting for a call back.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem.

Be the first to reply!