Skip to main content
Question

Unable to add Apple Music

Since the new App came out I am unable to add Apple Music as a service. Can someone try this and let me know if it’s only me? Yes, I am a paid subscriber etc etc ….help! 

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Keith - Sonos Can you advise why I am not able to add Apple Music as a service?? Is this a known bug and are you working on resolving it??!!

im having the same issue. unable to add new music services deezer or apple, tidal is already connected but i removed that and now am unable to add that back either so now unable to play any music.  just keeps saying the music service wasnt added, try again.  😫

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

It’s crazy I can’t understand how this can even be - we literally CAN’T add music services to our Sonos systems! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Sonos help eerily silent on this issue - I just can’t believe how they can not acknowledge awareness of it and reassure us they are working on it. Crazy. 

Like the schedule they posted in this FAQ article?

My understanding is that the FAQ article will be updated as needed.

And the release notes here?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Huh? 

I don't understand what you're trying to say. There's nothing in those links that have detail of this issue... 🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Exactly! Useless contribution. 

I can confirm that it is now impossible to add ANY music service to Sonos. All return errors when trying to add. 

I read another thread earlier that said if you create a whole new account, it should work. I'm at work now so will be trying that later.

Well I've tried setting up a new account and adding the speaker but now it won't let me add the speaker so now it's even more unusable. 😡

After several more attempts, it has now decided to start working again. 

I deleted the app

Restarted the router

Then factory reset the Sonos speaker

Re installed the app

Set up a new account

All seems to be working fine now.