Skip to main content
Question

Unable to add Apple Music

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’ve only ever seen the answer of ‘report to Sonos support’ for this, so if anyone has any ideas I’d gladly try anything.

I am unable to add Apple Music as a Service. I can add other Services, including Audible and Tidal, but Apple goes through the process, looks like it’s done and at the very last stage says ‘Apple Music wasn’t added. Something went wrong. Please try again’.

I have tried on my iPhone (x2) and iPad (x2), and they all come back with the same error.  I have updated the Sonos app and updated the software on all my Sonos products, but it still keeps coming back with the same error.

I tried calling Sonos support this morning and have left a callback request.  Hopefully they’ll me back soon.

4 replies

I have the same problem. Could you solve the problem?

Hi Matze, no, sadly not. I spent over an hour on the with Sonos tech support yesterday and nothing changed. We did all the updates, signed out of Apple Music, rebooted my phone (and ipad), then tried it all again, but still came back with the same error.  I did manage to send them diagnostics, so hopefully they’ll find something. 

Hi together. I have exactly the same problem and tried to add Apple Music for hours and days now - without success. I tried it on different devices, like Appe iPhone, Android Phone, Android Tablets. Everytime I get the error “Apple Music wasn’t added. Something went wrong.”

My guess is that it maybe has something to do with Apple's 2 factor authentication. When I reset/reinstall my apple music app and then try to add Apple Music via Sonos App, Sonos switches to Apple Music App and asks me to enter the 2FA code. The code is accepted but after the switch back to Sonos App the process cannot be finished. It hangs in a “waiting for authorization” screen. When I then reopen the Sonos App and try to add Apple Music again, I am not asked for the 2FA code and get the error “Something went wrong...”.

Hopefully the next app update fixes this issue. 

Does anyone have any update on this? I just keep getting the check your network connection when I try to add Apple. it was working OK a few days ago but then it stopped and now I cannot add it back.