Skip to main content

I just got my new Sonos and everything is great so far. I am an Apple family so I only use Apple Music and Siri. Upon trying to add Apple Music, it seems to recognize my Apple ID but when I click “continue” button I get the error unable to continue or something. 

I’ve only had it on for a few moments and all the system updates are applied. I am using iPhone 11 Pro on Public Beta iOS 14.

Also seems I can airplay without issue my library, it would be nice to have it fully integrated 

Hi @Whit0923, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about unable to Add Apple Music on the Sonos App, I'll ask some things to further assist on this issue.

• Have you tried to add the Apple Music to another controller? (the possible issue is the IOS 14 Beta version where it's not yet compatible with the Sonos system)
  • Have you tried to add another music service and check if the same error will show up?
  • Is the Apple Music working fine on the native App of Apple Music?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

I’m always aware that some things aren’t quite compatible with a beta version of an iOS but for most things it’s okay. At this time I have added Libby which is an app my local library uses for audio books and I was listening to that without issue. I then added the Sonos radio app and was listening to that as well without issue. 

I can open the Apple Music app on my iPhone and then choose to play playlist or my songs by choosing the speaker I have and that works without issue. I am not sure what you mean by another controller? Do you mean another speaker? I only have the one Sonos I just got got.

Hi @Whit0923, thanks for the update. I apologize for the confusion, another controller is like another device where you can have the Sonos App, so we can check if you can add the Apple Music on that device. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

It would seem all it took was to shut down the phone and refresh. Connected immediately without issue. Everything is working fine. 

Hi @Whit0923, thanks for the update. I’ll ask you to observe it for now if the issue will reoccur.

If there's any other issue you're having in the future, feel free to reach out.  

The Sonos Community is always here to help.