Skip to main content
Question

TuneIn Stations - Update

• 9 July 2024
  • 7 replies

So, most of my Sonos Favorites that were Tune-In stations are grayed out after the most recent updates (both iOS and now OS). 

Is there a way to avoid paying the Tune-In subscriber fee to regain access (for those that aren’t on Sonos Radio)?

Doesn’t require a subscription. I don’t know how well this works with the new app but see here 

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/use-tunein-to-add-internet-radio-station-urls-to-sonos

OK - could sign back into the account on the OS app - only could for the “new” TuneIn on the iOS app, after update.

I don’t know what you mean. Did it work?

It worked on the desktop app (where they had also disappeared after that updated this week), but it’s worth noting that it’s still not possible to sign up for regular/non-pay TuneIn on iOS (when you go to add services, you only have TuneIn (New) as an option).

And, just like that, regular TuneIn gone from desktop app - only TuneIn (New) - and not letting me access stations.

And, just like that, regular TuneIn gone from desktop app - only TuneIn (New) - and not letting me access stations.

Tunein new is free, you now need to create an account thats all, then link it in sonos app

The “new” TuneIn did not recognize the account previously registered under the old app - so had to create a new one. All’s well for the moment!