Answered

TuneIn on Sonos cutting out.

• 6 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had an issue with Planet Rock App premium keep cutting out. Went through support, they decided it was a Planet Rock app issue. So I canceled my premium subscription and started to listen through the TuneIn app, which never cut out.

That is until I have just updated to the new TuneIn app and guess what - its now started to cut out every 4 mins or so, so just the same behaviour as the Planet Rock app had.

Doesn’t cut out on iPhone or iPad. 

I don’t have a premium subscription on TuneIn, so it is not a authorising issue. Planet Rock is fine from Sonos Radio as well.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 March 2024, 18:11

View original

3 replies

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

My suspicion would be a wifi interference issue, but the data in that diagnostic would likely help pin it down. It could even be a duplicate IP address problem. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, no wi fi interference as TuneIn old app worked fine, Sonos Radio works fine, it was just Planet Rock app and now the new TuneIn app.

Answer from Sonos support after many calls, was it must be an app issue. Yet they both work ok on the iPhone and iPad

Note that the TuneIn app, and the web based connection go to different servers at TuneIn than the Sonos app points to (or different servers at whatever the endpoint is). They aren’t the ‘same’. You may want to reach out to Planet Radio directly, based on a thread or two in these forums, they’ve recently been having some issues.