TruePlay simply does not work in the new App

Show first post

338 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

A new update arrived 4 hours ago, but Trueplay still doesn't work.

I'm getting really angry…. why should a redesigned application be released without being tested...because it's not just Trueplay that has a problem...yesterday when I tried to reinstall the system I had to try several times because I got an error message every time. I don't remember the exact error message, but this was the gist of it: "We can't add the speaker to your account"

Userlevel 1
Badge

When you want to ask support for help….the same message for hours…yesterday and today I tried to reach technical support by phone… Yesterday the expected waiting time was 114 minutes… Today: “The expected waiting time is 110 minutes”… this is a joke!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tested it.  

Trueplay works on:

-Stereo pair of Era 100

-Playbar / no sub,no surronds /

Not working:

-Arc+Sub+2 Era 300 surrounds.

So I think the problem is with the software of the Arc or the Sub or the Era 300.

However, according to Sonos, my system is up to date…

Same, still no fix? Cmon Sonos we spend a lot of money on your products. Stop releasing app updates before they work. We are tired of being your guinea pigs. I didn’t sign up for a beta program 🙄

Userlevel 1
Badge

And the biggest problem is that no one from Sonos technical support writes in this "Sonos Community" topic: "We know about the problem, we are working on it and we are sorry. Sorry for the inconvenience."
Every user tries to solve the peoblem by himself, only those who need it don't.

They left me in the dark and for now the way to the light is not visible.

Hey I found a fix for this. Go on the Sonos app and make sure you have Spotify or Apple Music on it. Play about 10 seconds of any song and pause it, then go into trueplay and it’ll work. 

The fix posted by @Rdawkins fixed my issue, not sure why the fix works, but 

Sorry I replied to the wrong post

Same issue

Hey I found a fix for this. Go on the Sonos app and make sure you have Spotify or Apple Music on it. Play about 10 seconds of any song and pause it, then go into trueplay and it’ll work. 

This worked for me as well

Still doesn’t fix the issue.  Arc, Sub, Era 300s

I have the Arc, Sub and Era 300 set up, I played the radio for 30 seconds (because my spotify isn’t working through the new app for some reason) Trueplay tuning didn’t work the first time after doing so but did the second time, although the second time I did what someone else mentioned worked for them which was not turn the phone over initially, and then when it came to moving the phone around I just circled it around me, I then got an error message saying that they are not detecting enough motion, I then retried and voila!

Userlevel 2

It does nothing trueplay is absolutely not working after the update

I tried to TruePlay Arc / Sub / Ones but the tuning is simply stuck on “Continue” step.

I’ve updated to the latest version 80.00.04. 

@Corry P do u guys are aware of this?

Same with me after updating the app it stop working.  

I have the Arc, Sub and Era 300 set up, I played the radio for 30 seconds (because my spotify isn’t working through the new app for some reason) Trueplay tuning didn’t work the first time after doing so but did the second time, although the second time I did what someone else mentioned worked for them which was not turn the phone over initially, and then when it came to moving the phone around I just circled it around me, I then got an error message saying that they are not detecting enough motion, I then retried and voila!

After speaking with support, they stated they’re aware of the issue, and it should be fixed with forthcoming updates. 😄

Same with me after updating the app it stop working.  I have even returned the pair era 300 which I bought to upgrade my surround thinking it was because of them. But now even if i put my old pair os Sonos One. The true tone not working. Please guys don’t update the app till they fix it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Please fix the Trueplay issue, I'd expect better quality control for the premium price. Trueplay tuning cannot be started and the app softlocks for me as well.

I just had success with the “Let Spotify play for 30 seconds first” technique

Af arce from start to finish taken 5 days to get my speakers working .

Made an account to say I have the same issue as everyone else. 
spent 3 hours trying to setup my system again with a new router since the update, sub mini wasn’t showing as before and registering until I did a hardwire connection, now I can’t do the TruePlay calibration, so I have 2 issues! 

there’s no way to rollback to the old software which worked flawlessly, I can’t use my product like many others, this s*** should be illegal.

Same thing with me.

Got a new router so reset all system and set up as new a long winded slog of a job,got all connected to the new router eventually so all I needed to do was truplay the beam , sub and surrounds and didn’t work stuck on test sound page .

Get it sorted Sonos 🙄

The Spotify and/or Sonos music workaround didn’t work for me. Have an arc, two subs, and ERA 100 speakers and clicking *begin tuning* does nothing. On an iPad mini 6. This is ridiculous. 

My Arc was doing same thing until I got the microphone to work…I did this by activating voice control, I then was able to get TruePlay to work.

Badge

My Arc was doing same thing until I got the microphone to work…I did this by activating voice control, I then was able to get TruePlay to work.

I couldn't activate the Google assistant and clicking the microphone capacitive button on my arc doesn't work at all. 

I used Sonos Voice Control instead of google assistant, not that it should matter.  My microphone icon didn’t work either…the icon works now that I activated voice control.  Strange problems.

Badge

I used Sonos Voice Control instead of google assistant, not that it should matter.  My microphone icon didn’t work either…the icon works now that I activated voice control.  Strange problems.

I tried the Sonos voice control too. That was able to be setup, but no mic on the arc or TruePlay still 😔.