Skip to main content
Question

trueplay missing

Hi everyone, just updated to the new app , I've noticed the Trueplay toggle is now missing, before I updated it was there under settings but now it's gone , I am using an android phone and always had the toggle but unfortunately it's now gone , or is it hidden??? Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

If anyone desperately needs it, here is how to activate/deactivate trueplay via uPNP API / HTTP:

POST http://YOUR_SPEAKER_IP:1400/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/Control

Content-Type: application/xml
SoapAction: urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1#SetRoomCalibrationStatus

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<u:SetRoomCalibrationStatus xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1">
<InstanceID>0</InstanceID>
<RoomCalibrationEnabled>1</RoomCalibrationEnabled>
</u:SetRoomCalibrationStatus>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

The RoomCalibrationEnabled node controls the TruePlay state.

Now my app keeps losing connection from my network, I have to force stop the app and restart it.

Just gets worse what on earth are you doing Sonos 🤦

Same with me. Every time I need to reset and relogin to get my settings work. This is happening from few days after new app 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have another new issue now, the volume drops to zero without any input from the app. Just gets better🤦

@Ummagumma 

Me 2, was listening to music and volume just dropped to zero. I've also had speakers shown a green status light and when I've gone to the app the volume is at zero, slide volume up lights go out

All this is so annoying and still no trueplay button for Android users so unable to tune my Era speakers 😒 

I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and after updating to the app, not only is my true play toggle gone, but I no longer seem to be able to play a movie with Dolby Atmos as well.  Dolby digital plus 5.1 comes on now after the update????   Nothing changed in my wiring, the setup worked before the update and now doesn’t.   Sonos, please revert to your old app is it worked well and from all I’m reading about this updated app, you should scrap it and start over again.  

I am a new owner of the Sonos ARC and Soundbar.  Between the two, I dropped a decent amount of money to have quality sound for my tv setup in the living room.  Like others on this board, cannot access the features that would allow me to setup the appropriate sound profile for my space.

It’s clear the sound quality of this product is good, but overall, the app is terrible.   Very little along the lines of custom configuration, testing, etc.   Essentially I have a two bar equalizer for Treble and Bass, 

Really wondering if I should return for a different brand/option.  Sonos’ silence on this doesn’t give me confidence.

I had issues with the App using an Android phone. I have since switched to an iPhone and my issues have gone.

Does this mean Sonos are giving preference to iPhone?